Tuesday 11 June 2013

OREO CHEESECAKE

So here's my first recipe post for you, the Oreo Cheesecake. My wonderful partner, Nick, and I were heading over the dinner with his brother Sam, and his girlfriend, Kaylah,. We were gonna have a spot of dinner and then watch one of my all time favourite movies, "A League of Their Own". Nick had never seen it ... I was horrified too, so we thought he should see it. Now I asked Kaylah what she would like me to bring for dessert, she only had one suggestion, Oreo Cheesecake.

I looked over many recipes, but none really hit me as being something I wanted to try. Then I remembered a recipe I bookmarked an age ago. I have so many recipes bookmarked on my computer, I barely remember what anymore. Read carefully over the recipe and decided to make a few adjustments.The thing I liked about this recipe is that it's a traditional style baked cheesecake. The texture was so creamy and definitely works well with beautiful vanilla ice cream. It's filling, but most definitely satisfying.

So here goes, my first recipe for you:


OREO CHEESECAKE 
(Adapted from http://www.food.com/recipe/oreo-cheesecake-12177?mode=metric&scaleto=1.0&st=null)

INGREDIENTS:
Base:
24 Oreo Biscuits
1/3 Cup of melted unsalted butter

Filling:
680 grams softened cream cheese
395 gram can of sweetened condensed milk
3 eggs
2 teaspoons of vanilla extract
1/4 cup of caster sugar (can use 1/2 if you have a sweet tooth)
2 squirts of lemon juice
extra Oreos for filling and topping

DIRECTIONS:

1 - Preheat oven to 150 Degrees C. Spray a springform cake tin with cooking spray and then line with baking paper. (I cut a circle for the bottom and then cut more for the sides)
2 - Make base by mixing Oreo in food processor until all fine. Add butter and mix until combined.
3 - Press firmly down the base mixture into the tin and put in the freezer to firm up as you prepare the filling.
4 - In large bowl, use beater to mix cream cheese until smooth and then add in condensed milk, eggs, vanilla, sugar and lemon juice. Cream together until well blended.
5 - Break up Oreos and drop them into the mixture. (I used 6 but could do more). Then gently fold through the mixture.
6 - Pour into tin and then break up more Oreos to place on the top. Get creative.
7 - Bake for 45 - 60 minutes. Place a pan of water in the bottom self to help prevent cracking. Is cooked when the middle wobbles. Don't cook till you get cracks.
8 - Fully cool in pan and then chill in fridge before removing from pan
9 - Enjoy!

So there goes, my first recipe. Going to try and create my own as the weeks pass.


No comments:

Post a Comment