Wednesday 10 July 2013

Muesli Bars

MUESLI BARS


So as you all know, I love to bake. It's probably why I've put on some weight this past year. But baked goods are just so tasty! I thought maybe I should find some healthy items to make. I've always like muesli bars so I searched for some recipes. This is one is sooooo simple and even though it has condensed milk, it's nowhere near as bad for you as biscuits or cakes. I made these, they were tasty and they lasted well. The next week I was still able to eat them as a snack. So make yourself one of these to take to work instead of buying that muffin or raiding the biscuit barrel. Plus, for the amount it makes, it really is very cost effective.


INGREDIENTS:

3 and a 1/2 cups of rolled oats
395 gram can of condensed milk
1 cup of dry fruit (or you could pretty much put in what you like, healthy or not)

DIRECTIONS:

1 - Preheat oven to 120°c and line a tray with baking paper. Can use a lasagne pan, I used a brownie tin.

2 - Mix all the ingredients together thoroughly with a wooden spoon.

3 - Place contents in the prepared tin, patting it down and making it even.

4 - Bake for 1 hour.

5 - Wait to cool and then slice into bars. Keep in an airtight container.

Back tomorrow with some of the birthday goodies I prepared.



No comments:

Post a Comment