Friday 26 July 2013

Oat, Sultana and Choc Chip Slice


OAT, SULTANA & CHOC CHIP SLICE

Confession time: I am truly in love with baking right now, as you've probably guessed. I'm loving writing my blog and I also love when friends are coming over as I'm able to try new recipes. My good friend Cas was coming over recently for a coffee, a chat and some baked goodness. I looked what was in the cupboards and found a recipe to make from the ingredients. Now these were nice, I always love oats in baking and as for chocolate, that goes without saying. Cas enjoyed these, we had a great chat and then I took the leftovers to drama class for my teens to try. They were gone within a few minutes, so they must have been okay!

The thing I love about the above photo, it shows some of the great homewares I got for my birthday. Homewares, my other little obsession right now. Someone make me this guy a 1950's housewife!

Spent the last two days baking extravagant birthday cakes for the two birthday parties I am going to this week, so can't wait to share those with you next week. Until then, keep baking.


Recipe originally from:

INGREDIENTS:

125g Unsalted Butter
1 tablespoon of Golden Syrup
1 cup of Self Raising Flour
1 cup of Desiccated Coconut
1/2 cup of Caster Sugar
1 cup of Rolled Oats
3/4 cup of Sultanas
2/3 cup of Choc Chips (milk or dark)
1 large Egg

DIRECTIONS:

1 - Preheat oven to 180°c and grease and line a slice pan.

2 - Put butter and golden syrup in a small saucepan over low heat, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat when butter has melted. Allow it to cool to lukewarm before mixing it with other ingredients.

3 - In a large bowl, mix flour, coconut, sugar, oats, sultanas and choc chips with a wooden spoon.

4 - In a small bowl, lightly beat egg with a fork. Add to the large bowl.

5 - Add the slightly cooled butter mixture to dry ingredients and stir until well combined.

6 - Press firmly into the slice tray. Using the back of a spoon to push it all down.

7 - Bake for around 20 minutes, or until golden.

8 - Allow slice to cool to room temperature in pan. Cut in pieces to serve.

9 - Best with fresh coffee or tea. Enjoy.

Have a great weekend and do some baking, your friends and family will thank you! 

Wayne
xx



No comments:

Post a Comment