Thursday 18 July 2013

Sultana & Oat Cookies


SULTANA & OAT COOKIES

Now these very tasty and very easy to make biscuits were the ones which got me started in my little baking heaven. Back in 2011, in my first year in Melbourne when I wanted to start baking but wasn't so sure if I could do it, this was the first recipe I tried. And it has become a favourite of mine I make quite often, even teaching it to my Mum (Apparently my nephew loves them too). I like to pretend that it's actually a little healthy. Sure, it may not be, but it's not as bad as many of the other biscuits out there. It uses brown sugar and honey to give it taste. Plus there's also great muesli and oats in it. Now I always like to get a good brand muesli to put in it (I use Carmen's). Tried it once with cheap muesli and it wasn't anywhere near as good.

I'd also like to thank you all for reading my blog, I have gotten some great feedback - so thanks. And if you haven't joined yet, please join the "Baked By Wayne" Facebook group at:

I also included these biscuits in a massive collection of baking I did today for my friend Corey's short film shoot. "Dante's Folly" is being shot this weekend in Shepparton and I'm travelling up there for a small role - exciting. Anyway, more recipes next week, this weekend is a massive one for me.


INGREDIENTS:

1 cup of Self Raising Flour, sifted
1 cup of Toasted Muesli
1 cup of Sultanas
3/4 cup of Rolled Oats
1/2 cup of Brown Sugar
125g of Unsalted Butter, melted
1 Egg, lightly beaten
1 tablespoon of Honey
Sprinkle of Cinnamon Sugar

DIRECTIONS:

1 - Preheat oven to 190°c and line 2 biscuits trays with liners or baking paper.

2 - Toss dry ingredients in a large bowl with a wooden spoon.

3 - Add melted butter, egg and honey and stir with spoon until combined.

4 - Use your hands to make balls, about the size of a dessert spoon.

5 - Bake for 10 - 12 minutes, until golden.

6 - Enjoy and pretend they're healthy.

Have a great weekend and do some baking if you have time!

Wayne
xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment