Sunday 8 September 2013

Banana Bread


BANANA BREAD

Banana bread is something I love to eat. Toasted in a cafe with some coffee and I am a happy man. I have an amazing recipe for banana bread muffins which I make often, but have never made traditional banana bread. That changed last Sunday. I had a shit of a day and came home and needed to release some tension. I had bought a whole bunch of cheap bananas and saw they were getting ripe, so thought baking may help my mood. (And had some wine, it was a good help). So I made this recipe and it was pretty damn fine. I cut pieces every day and took it to work, gave some to the boyfriend as well. It was pretty tasty, and was a good mid morning snack. It is SOOO simple to make and will be a great morning tea for the kids, for you or if you're having people around.

Now I have just included the standard recipe, but you can add other things. Next time I make it I'm looking forward to adding raspberries. Raspberries and bananas are a favourite combination of mine, in fact dessert tonight are those two with vanilla yoghurt. So try that, or other fruits, or maybe if you're feeling naughty, some choc chips. Get into some banana bread folks.
Original Recipe: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/3118/banana+bread

INGREDIENTS:

265grams (1 & 3/4 cups) Self-Raising Flour
1/4 cup Plain Flour
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
140grams (2/3 cup) Brown Sugar, firmly packed
125ml (1/2 cup) Milk
2 Eggs, lightly whisked
50g Unsalted Butter, melted and cooled
3 overripe Bananas, mashed

DIRECTIONS:

1 - Preheat oven to 180°c. Spray a loaf pan with canola spray and line with baking paper, allow it to overhang.

2 - Sift both flours and the cinnamon into a large bowl. Stir in the sugar and make a well in the centre.

3 - Place the milk, eggs, melted butter and banana in a medium bowl, and stir until well combined.

4 - Add the banana mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just combined. Don't overmix.

5 - Pour the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface.

6 - Bake in oven for 45-50 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean. Remove from oven and set aside for 5 minutes before turning onto wire rack.

7 - Serve and enjoy.

Wayne
xx


No comments:

Post a Comment