Tuesday 22 October 2013

Muffin Doughnuts

MUFFIN DOUGHNUTS

I love to bake for events. Partly it's because if I bake it for no particular reason I eat far too much, but mostly because I love to see people enjoy my little baked goodies. I live in fear of the day that a group tries something and the room goes silent, it's awful. Thank God this fun little recipe didn't end that way, it was a hit. I kind of knew it would be, combining two favourites of anyone with proper taste buds, muffins and doughnuts. And they really do taste like a warm cinnamon doughnut. Pair these with some tea and you are ready for a nice treat.

The special occasion I made these for was the filming of a showreel for my wonderful student, Tayla. Tayla is a great little actress and it was fun helping her shoot three scenes. I even got to act in two of them, in one I played her Dad. A photo from the shoot is included down below. Tayla's Mum brought some homemade brownies, so our tiny cast and crew had some nice treats. I have to admit I am enjoying my creative life right now, in creating art through theatre and film, and creating amazing tasty treats for my friends.

Give these muffins a go, kids and adults a like will LOVE them.

Recipe originally sourced from: http://www.bestrecipes.com.au/recipe/muffin-doughnuts-L17023.html

INGREDIENTS:

3/4 cup Caster Sugar
1 Egg
1 1/2 cups Plain Flour
2 teaspoons Baking Powder
1/4 teaspoon Salt
1/4 teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
3/4 cup Milk
1 teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Coating:
Melted Butter
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
1/3 cup Sugar
 DIRECTIONS:

1 - Preheat oven to 180°c and grease a 12 cup muffin tray.

2 - In a large bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar until light in colour.

3 - In a separate smaller bowl, combine flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt.

4 - Add the dry ingredients to the larger bowl and stir with a wooden spoon.

5 - Add oil, milk and vanilla and mix until smooth, don't overmix.

6 - Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin. (The mixture will be quite runny)

7 - Bake for 15-18 minutes, or until skewer comes out clean.

8 - While still hot, remove from the tin and use brush to spread melted butter over muffins.

9 - Combine cinnamon and sugar and roll the top of the muffins in the mixture.

10 - Enjoy!

Catch you again soon.

Wayne


No comments:

Post a Comment